SOME AVAILABLE OUTREACH SERVICES IN THE INSTITUTE:
- The Institute has a core of scientists in different disciplines for effective research.
- The Institute has a well developed laboratory for soil, water and plant analysis.
- Carryout feasibility studies on Agricultural and agro Industrial businesses for states, banks, individuals etc. for the establishment of small – medium or commercial farms.
- Carryout soil survey, mapping and evaluation services including thematic and diagnostic surveys.
- Analysis, test and evaluation of Agro-chemicals such as fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides etc. for various agro climatic conditions.
- The Institute organizes training on production and processing of its mandate crops for subject matter specialist (SMS), Farmers, Students and other interested organizations and individuals.
- The Institute Agricultural Engineering and Fabrication Department is into fabrication of small, medium – scale equipments and machines for farmers, cooperative groups, Farmers Association and other organizations that may require them e.g. Rice and brown sugar, processing machines, soyabean and beniseed oil extractors etc.
- Commercial grains, breeder and foundation seeds production for our mandate and non mandate crops for the different ecologies in the country, low N and water efficient, pests and diseases tolerant/resistant varieties etc.
- Disseminate technologies, impact assessment and adoption studies.
- Crop processing in order to add values to our mandate crops.
NCRI Role in the Federal Government Agricultural Transformation Agenda:
Let me reiterate here that NCRI involvement is strategic and important to the Agricultural Transformation Agenda of the Federal Government especially in the area of crop productivity by developing different varieties of different crops addressing specific stresses; environment; utilization; value addition; storage; marketing; training; setting up commercial farms and development of crop processing machines and equipment.
The Institute provides research for development information to the stake-holders in the agricultural sector as per the Institute representations on Rice, Soybean, Maize and Extension Transformation agenda.
Our physical materials are:
- Rice processing procedures and equipment.
- Brown sugar processing procedures and the equipment.
- Different varieties from different crops with their characteristics.
- Some charts talking about NCRI set up and functions.
The literature materials include:
- 14 series of production guides on different crops.
- 6 training manuals mainly on production, processing, packaging, storage and marketing and;
- 2 Information Guides among others.